Tuesday, May 5, 2020

April 2020 ~ Sit Spot as a Spiritual Practice


Thank you to all of you who have shared descriptions or pictures of your Sit Spot.  Here's the how to that Marissa helped me make, to encourage you all to find a spot near your home to connect with on a daily or weekly basis if you can!


How to Find a Sit Spot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiIa4QZp0Eo&t=51s



We hope to hear from even more of you soon to add to this inspiring collection of special spots.  Email me at ucm.dre (at) gmail (dot) com





"M found her Sit Spot and now she heads there every day." 







"I had actually been looking outside my house earlier in the morning thinking about how to create a sitting spot next to the river bank. You gave me the reason. I also had Juniper start a sit spot at my brother's farm last week!"
~Katie Swick






The view last night from my sit spot. “I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence comets my help.”

~ Mhairi P.




The first is a photo of me sitting in my still relatively new green house. I didn't realize when I built it that it would also be a great place to meditate and in fact now is more important than growing food as I have a large garden.

The second photo is of our "sacred circle." It sits on top of a knoll just  short walk from our home. From it are gorgeous views ranging from Camel's Hump to Mt. Mansfield and beyond.

And I have a third place that is a twenty minute walk to the "upper meadows" where there is also a place to sit with even more spectacular views of a larger section of the Green Mountain Range.

UCM members and friends are welcome to come here to "stop and sit" any time during the middle of the week.

Just email me at plumb.george (at) gmail (dot) com. 




"I thought about you yesterday when I came upon a favorite "stand spot" this time of year at a vernal pool on my road.  The frogs in there make quite a racket, and if I walk too close, they clam up.  Well, yesterday I decided that I would outsmart them and walk like an Indian.  I did pretty well for a while, but eventually they figured it out and shut up.  I crept away and they started the cacophony again.  But this time just standing there patiently after they got quiet, I saw something I had never seen when a bunch just floated up to the surface and stayed there.  I wish I had taken my binoculars--tomorrow I will."  ~ Paula Gills  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for wanting to post a comment on our page! Since this is a page viewed by children, all comments will be reviewed before being published.

Peace is Something We Do

This piece was written in September 2011, shortly after the floods caused by Hurricane Irene.  I could have written it this week.  At the ti...